<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Saturday, April 03, 2004




On the Road Again

Leave it to me to start a blog the day before I go on vacation and don't have access to a computer for nine days.

I'm in Kingsport, TN at the moment, visiting an aunt and a grandfather and posting from a family member's computer. Thanks to Wayne and Karen for allowing me the use of it.

Driving through Knoxville again yesterday evening, I was impressed, as always, by how long that city is. No small southern city has any business being thirty miles long.

Construction has been on-going on the stretch of I-40 that runs through Knoxville since I can remember. My earliest memories of passing through there date back to the late 70's and up to about 1981, when the city was preparing to host the World's Fair, and all I remember is orange cones, barrels, and heavy equipment. Every time I've been through since -- with the possible exception of a one-day visit in the spring of 1988 -- that road has been in the process of being built.

You'd think they'd have finished it by now. You'd think wrong.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?