<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Tuesday, April 13, 2004



The pain, the pain (yawn) 


I am typing this one-handed as my left hand is now in a brace. The ER doc (didn't look a thing like Goran Vijnic or Noah Wyle, though the radiology tech bore a very passing resemblance to Sherry Stringfield) says I have signs of degenerative bone disease, but didn't seem particularly freaked out by that. He reassured me it wasn't going to kill me or anything... and honestly, this isn't the first time this has happened.

Now I'm just wondering if 25mg a day of Vioxx is truly any better than 1.5 grams per day of Naproxen.

The upshot, of course, is that I'll not be posting here as often as I'd like, at least not for the next coupla days, as I basically just stay away from computer keyboards (a contributing factor). This is not good, as I finally got the first chapter of my current novel into shouting distance of a final draft -- all 18,000 words of it -- over the weekend and was quite looking forward to writing chapter 2, which is where the combat begins in earnest. All put on hold now, probably till the weekend, at least.

There's a lot going on in the world and I hate to be deprived of the opportunity to rant about it, but as the French say, that's life.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?