<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Monday, May 17, 2004



Five more days 


We have kids for five more days.

Grades are due today by five. I'd forgotten that till just now. Oh, well; not like we did much this six weeks, anyway, between my illnesses.

(Actually, the class that did a lot of actual real work is the one that hates work the most: my 12-week eighth graders. I've spent the last three weeks going from student to student, wheeling and dealing to get them to work. I've hated it, they've hated it... apparently, I am both sadistic and masochistic at the same time.)

This week is a loss as far as instruction is concerned. I will be showing The Princess Bride to all my classes. Oddly, their reaction to the first thirty minutes tracked precisely with those of Fred Savage's character; initial skepticism, followed by feigned cool detachment, followed by "You could keep going, if you want to." If we finish it before Friday, they will want to watch it again, and I, in my best Peter Falk impression, will say, "As you wish."

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?