<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Monday, September 13, 2004



Kerry's hypocrisy 


Consider this timeline of the North Korean nuclear situation. Pay close attention to the entries for 1994 and 17 Sept 1999.

Now consider John Kerry's desire to offer nuclear fuel to Iran in order to "call their bluff" on their nuclear weapons program. (The first time I heard this proposal, in an NBC interview during the summer, I could not believe my ears. I never did quite believe that a candidate for President of the United States could ever propose such a jaw-droppingly stupid plan as offering nuclear fuel to Iran on the presupposition that if they really intended to develop weapons, they would not accept it, or would be unable to divert some of the spent fuel to weaponize it. I continued to not believe it until I read it for myself on Kerry's website. To my mind, this proposal alone disqualifies John Kerry from holding any elected office higher than Town Sump-Pump Polisher.)

Now consider Kerry's latest hissy-fit about how George Bush has not yet solved a problem created (or at least generously abetted) by the last Democratic administration.

Consistency, anyone?

If Kerry were honest, his next speech might go something like this:

"We excoriate George W. Bush for failing to do anything about this nuclear nightmare we created, and we promise to create more such nightmares when we are in office again."

The only thing that surprises me anymore about Kerry is how many otherwise sensible people seem ready to vote for him.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?