<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Monday, September 20, 2004



Well, that wasn't so bad. 


Ivan passed through, with heavy rains and occasional wind gusts.

On Thursday night, I thought the rains weren't that bad. Then I went out for breakfast at Shoney's (a regrettable decision) and saw that the rains had been worse than I thought. A particular bridge I cross almost every day, which usually stands about fifteen feet above the river below, now stands about three feet above it. The flood plains around the river are, in fact, flooded to an apparent depth of at least three or four feet.

On Sunday, it was worse, as run-off from higher elevations spilled into the area, swelling the river even higher. We're talking Mel Gibson/Sissy Spacek-type flooding. I'm really glad I didn't rent that little house down there on the flats along Highway 76...

If you aren't sure what I mean by the Gibson/Spacek comment above, just watch AMC sometime this month.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?