<$BlogRSDUrl$>


Thursday, October 07, 2004



Attacks on Republicans 


I seldom watch the "major" network newscasts anymore, and I'm not always coherent when I'm listening to Morning Edition on NPR, so this news may have slipped by me somehow. Maybe it received tons of coverage yesterday and this morning and I'm just not aware of it. But it wasn't until I watched last night's Scarborough Country on MSNBC that I had heard of these AFL-CIO thugs attacking the Republican HQ in Orlando, Florida.

And it wasn't until I started checking blogs this morning that I heard of the shooting up of the Republican party offices in Knoxville, Tennessee.

Or the storming of another Republican office in West Allis, Wisconsin.

Nothing about it last night on All Things Considered. Nothing about it this morning on Morning Edition. I guess a bunch of puppets mocking the war on terrorism is more important than a few silly incidences of real political terrorism in our own country.

I leave it to you to imagine what media coverage of these events would be like if Republicans were shooting up Democrats.

EDIT for credit: Most of this stuff is direct from Instapundit, who also has a link to Professor Bainbridge's round-up of these vile attacks.

Seriously, think how gangs of armed teen-aged Republicans going around burning signs and spray-painting swastikas on people's lawns would be covered in the media. Kristalnacht, anyone?

But the worst part of all this is what it portends for the future. We all need to come to our senses, fast.

Especially the Bush-haters.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?